The cocotte originated in France where this casserole dish was designed to cook chicken dishes: in fact, the word "cocotte" itself is the French word for "little hen". Since then, however, the cocotte casserole dish has been used to make a wide variety of other dishes including soups, stews, ragouts and sauces. Beginners can use them as they try their hand at tasty oven-baked dishes and professional French chefs can't do without them for gratins or delicate soufflés. This particular cocotte is red, adding a hint of elegance when presenting food at the table, round and has a diameter of 24 cm. As well as being aesthetically pleasing, cast-iron is an excellent heat retainer and is good at distributing heat equally, characteristics which are enforced by Staub's special matte black enamel. This durable cast iron design will last you years. It can withstand high heat for a long time making it ideal for pot roasts, or any large family meal. This enamel also helps preserve a food's unique flavour. Since a cocotte retains heat well, meat and vegetables can be cooked gently whilst preserving both flavour and nutritional content. It is therefore perfect for cooking healthy meals. Its specially designed lid also releases condensation at regular intervals, keeping meat wonderfully succulent. With the Staub cocotte, you can treat yourself and your guests to beautifully tender meat and delicious-tasting vegetables at any time.
- This product may contain minor visual imperfections, but will perform to its full performance and capability.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
Local Pick Up Only