“IT’S IMPORTANT TO ACCESSORIZE.” -KATE MOSS
This scarf is an alpaca blend made with seamless edges, eyelash fringe, and a solid, craft beige colour. This is a unique, fairly-traded, artisan-made scarf with a luxe, ultra-soft hand feel.
FEATURES + BENEFITS
- This luxurious, ultra-soft artisanal scarf was made by a family of Indigenous artisans living in the volcanic Andean mountains. This scarf connects you with their long textile tradition dating back generations.
- The perfect gift for friends, family, teachers, and for yourself.
- Classy and cozy, for dressing up and/or down.
- Non-itchy, breathable, lightweight, hypoallergenic.
- This scarf is hand-loomed, machine-woven, and then machine-brushed for added softness.
- Fairly-traded and ethically-sourced.
- Made with alpaca, a natural, technical fiber.
- High-quality craftsmanship with a truly unique hand feel and timeless design — luxury that lasts.
- Alpaca has unique thermal properties due to the mircoscopic air pockets found in its fiber, allowing air circulation on warm days and heat insulation on cool days. This prevents sweating in warmer weather, and in colder weather, contains heat for warmth.
- No animals are harmed in the making of any Pokoloko product. Alpacas are shorn in cycles like sheep according to the seasons.
- Luxury made to last. Alpaca is exceptionally durable if cared for properly, and more durable than sheep's wool. Non-itchy, lightweight, breathable, windproof, silky-smooth, resistant to piling and matting, non-shrinking, water and stain-resistant.
- Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture. Soft and gentle on the skin. Alpaca is hypoallergenic.
- Status symbol. In Incan history, alpaca was considered the "fiber of the gods," and reserved for royalty. Domesticated more than 6000 years ago, the alpaca represents a unique South American textile tradition.
- Alpaca is one of the Earth's most sustainable fibers. Alpacas have soft, padded feet, not hooves, which minimize soil erosion. They consume relatively less water than other animals, and have efficient digestion, low level feeds, and they only nibble on top of pasture grass without uprooting it. No harsh chemicals are necessary to process alpaca as alpaca contains no lanolin oil.
ARTISAN + ORIGIN
- Fairly-traded. Made in Ecuador by highly-skilled, independent Indigenous artisans, with whom we work directly in a long-term partnership focused on mutual development and capacity building.
- Pokoloko has worked with these artisans since our beginning, and we have had the privilege of watching their operation grow with ours each year.
- Pokoloko co-founder Case Bakker is the godfather to their youngest daughter, which is a great honour in their community.
- The color combinations and quality of this scarf are a result of self-directed generational knowledge that has been passed on by this artisan family and their surrounding community for decades.
MATERIALS + CARE
- 20% alpaca & 80% acrylic
- Hand wash with mild soap, or machine wash on cold, delicate cycle.
- Do not ring, scrunch, stretch, or twist.
- Hang to dry or dry clean, do not dry in a dryer machine.
- Groom with light brush in direction of fiber.
- Can iron in same direction on low setting.
SIZE + FIT
- 12” W x 76” L (31cm W x 193cm L)
- The size of this scarf is cut to be able to wrap around the shoulders comfortably, and thin enough to wrap around the neck without too much bulkiness.