Criss Cross Kitchen Towel
FOR THE CHEF. This is a middle weight, pure Turkish cotton weave with hand-spun twisted tassels, and a striped detail. This is an authentic and luxurious kitchen or hand towel that will elevate your space and everyday. While...Read more
FOR THE CHEF.
This is a middle weight, pure Turkish cotton weave with hand-spun twisted tassels, and a striped detail. This is an authentic and luxurious kitchen or hand towel that will elevate your space and everyday.
- While the science and art of Turkish towels dates back to the 17th century, their quick-dry, high absorbency, and unparalleled weave makes them a modern day essential worldwide.
- Our focus always includes versatility, utility and functionality. Originally used in Turkish baths (hammams), each of our hand towel designs has countless uses. Uses include but are not limited to the following: towel for kitchen, tea, bath, beach, pool, resort, cottage, boat, yoga, gym, spin, travel, spa, massage, camping, hiking, festivals; table runner; tapestry. Use as a hair towel when coming out of the shower, and bread wrap.
- Naturally antibacterial. No more musty smell. Will dry 30% faster than regular hand towels.
- Ultra soft hand feel, luxurious texture, strong and durable. Quick-drying, highly-absorptive, durable. Useful in all seasons. Made to last. Made with 100% natural materials. Soft and gentle on the skin. Turkish cotton has extra long fibers, making it longer lasting and more durable than regular cotton.
- Easy gift as it looks great with all decors. Gift to a friend, host, new parent, traveller, adventurer, homebody, for birthday, etc. Fun gift wrapping tip! --> Use a hand towel as wrapping paper to add an extra layer to your gift.
- Creates a vibe that is elegant, contemporary, stylish, modern, luxe, coastal. These towels work well in any setting, on their own, and with other towel types and towel styles. Our towels have versatility in aesthetic and design.
- Travel and storage friendly. Compact and lightweight. Roll up to fit easily in a closet, suitcase, gym bag, backpack, tote, etc.
- Easily used both indoors and outdoors. Repels sand and grass. Perfect portable picnic accessory.
- Also known as "peshkir" (the word for hand towel in Turkish).
- Hand-made twisted tassel fringe. Each tassel spun one by one.
- This towel is hand-loomed, which means the towel is made on wooden looms pedal-powered by the weaver. Each day a weaver makes approximately 13 to 17 pieces.
- Fairly-traded. Made by highly-skilled, independent Turkish artisans, with whom we work directly.
- 100% Turkish cotton
- Before using your towel, we suggest to soak your towel over night in cold water and then hang it to dry. This encourages the fibres of the towel fabric to bloom which initiates their natural softening process and conditions the cotton fabric to be more adsorptive.
- Machine wash on delicate, or hand wash. Wash with like colors. Wash in cold water. Do not wash in hot water as hot water will cause shrinkage. This towel is pre-washed, which means the fabric will be soft to the touch, and retain the same hand feel, size, and quality after washing if cared for properly. After the first wash, please allow for minor shrinkage; however, if cared for properly in cold water, the shrinkage should be only very minimal.
- Hanging to dry is recommended over machine drying. If you need to machine dry, dry on low heat, but please note there may be some shrinkage after machine-drying.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners.
- No need to iron.
- 19.25" W x 29.2" L with 2.25" twisted tassel fringe (48cm W x 75cm L with 5.7cm fringe)
- Given the artisanal make of our towels, please allow for slight natural variations in color, size, weave with each unique piece; however, if there are differences present, these differences are not usually noticeable.
- Middle weight: 330 grams, 300 gsm.
- GSM means grams per square meter, it is the metric measurement of the weight of a fabric. The GSM measurement can help you decide the best weight of fabric for your needs and usage.
- The higher the GSM of the fabric, the denser and heavier the fabric will be. A lower GSM does not necessarily mean lower quality, but it will mean the towel is lighter in weight and usually thinner. All Pokoloko towels are carefully pre-sreened and pre-tested for quality, absorptiveness, durability, and style. Our towels range from 140gsm (thinner) to 420gsm (thicker).